Monday, December 03, 2007

GM Food: Not Grown in Detroit.

I do wish GM foods were labeled as such. Not that I'm particularly scared of them, but Jeffrey Smith, in his book Genetic Roulette, has shown that there might be nasty side effects. And I'd prefer to be able to make a choice to eat, or not eat GM foods.

This article says that "60 percent of our processed groceries contain genetically altered ingredients". But no reference is given, and it's easy to lie with statistics. So I'll believe it when you have a third eye, and gills. Although, I do think that Starbucks coffee beans are GM.

I've never actually written a letter to the people that represent me in government. I should give it a try.

Parting shot: Campaign to Label Genetically Engineered Foods

1 comment:

Caspur said...

You should always write letters to your representatives. They usually write back. I got a letter from Orin Hatch actually a couple since he has responded every time I have written.

Post a Comment