Friday, December 20, 2013

Evolving Christmas List

So my mom among others has been requesting a list of things that I'd like for Christmas. I am way behind in fulfilling this simple request because I really feel like I have (within reason) everything I want. I have a smart, funny, and beautiful wife. I have a wonderful dog, and two cats who use their litter-box. When it comes to my computers, honestly what I need most of all is restraint. I usually spend a bit much on them keeping them near the top of the line without going overboard (IMHO - YMMV).

Really the most useful thing people could give me for Christmas is clothes. I really dislike clothes shopping. I really don't have the skill of imagining what a piece of clothing will look like when I'm wearing it; let alone what it would look like in like an outfit. If I try to buy anything but jeans a t-shirts I almost always mess it up somehow. Good news is as construction electrician I tend to go through jeans and t-shirts at an alarming rate, so I need those too.

Pants size: Waist 36 - Length 30
Shirt size: Large
Hoodie size: Extra Large

Right now the clothes I most need are pants and long sleeve warm shirts. I really don't like anything fleece,or plaid. My favorite pants are the Flex Fire Hose from Duluth Trading Co.

If you do want to buy me some electronic stuff I do have a small list. These are fairly high dollar items; I'm not expecting to get these things as gifts. It's just sort of my current wish list of computer parts:

ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD 3D Monitor
Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-1375M 1375W Power Supply
Western Digital RE4 WD2003FYYS 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA Hard Drive Bare
(I really can't have too many of those hard drives...)

When it comes to computer parts the list just gets more and more silly after that.... I really do need to get a couple of those monitors. I want to compete/play in a LAN event here in Portland in Febuary and I recently discovered that my monitor is both too slow and is actually wearing out. It's lost a tremendous amount of contrast over the years. Any web forms that have light grey lines in them are impossible for me to fill out because this monitor can't display them.

So to sum up! I don't need presents. I don't need presents. I don't need presents. If you want to get me something awesomely useful, buy me a pair of pants. Doesn't have to be expensive, check at the thrift store; for reals.

No matter what; please just know that I love you my wonderful family and friends! Happy holidays and merry christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment